Are you interested in coaching wheelchair tennis? South Coast Wheelchair Tennis Foundation currently has openings for wheelchair tennis coaches. If you are a tennis coach, this is a great opportunity to expand your knowledge of the sport and try something new! Bring your tennis expertise and we’ll provide training in working with a wheelchair tennis team! Practices are planned for Monday evenings 530pm to 830pm from June thru September at Somerset High school 625 County Street Somerset, MA 02726.
Also, our Winter program runs from January through May, on alternating Fridays at Dartmouth Indoor Tennis in Dartmouth MA. Other clinics are conducted at Emilson YMCA in Hanover MA on Sundays January thru May. Dates for next year’s program are to be determined.
This is considered a part-time position and rate of pay will be determined on experience and a certified coach (USPTA/PTR) is preferred.
Coach duties are coordinated with the President of South Coast Wheelchair Tennis Foundation.
General Purpose: Provide tennis instruction to people of all ages and various physical disabilities and to promote various programs, events and clinics.
Assistance may be requested on weekends, weekdays or evenings to support other wheelchair tennis events. To be confirmed based on availability.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Conduct drills and games to make the instruction fun as well as advancing tennis knowledge, skill, and technique.
- Assist in the promotion and execution of tennis clinics, special events and programs in
an effort to attract and maintain participants’ tennis interests.
- Provide instruction to players ranging from beginners to advanced in both one-on-one and group settings.
- Planning, organizing and conducting effective practices in a supportive environment.
Skills and Experience:
- Overall positive attitude, high energy, and genuine passion for tennis
- Experience of coaching both adults and children of varying ability.
- Previous tennis coaching experience (with people with disabilities a plus)
- USPTA and/or PTR certification preferred.
- Excellent tennis skills
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org