Are you interested in coaching wheelchair tennis? South Coast Wheelchair Tennis Foundation currently has openings for wheelchair tennis coaches. If you are a tennis coach, this is a great opportunity to expand your knowledge of the sport and try something new! Bring your tennis expertise and we’ll provide training in working with a wheelchair tennis team! Practices are held on Monday nights from June thru October 4:30pm to 8:30pm at the Dianne B. Snyder Tennis Complex. The courts are located on Old County Road near the Westport Free Public Library at 408 Old County Road.
We conduct a Winter program from January through May, on alternating Fridays at Dartmouth Indoor Tennis in Dartmouth MA. A Spring program is conducted at Emilson YMCA in Hanover MA on Sundays April thru May. Dates for next year’s program are to be determined.
This is considered a volunteer position, however a stipend is available for certified coaches (USPTA/PTR), and a certified coach (USPTA/PTR) is preferred.
Coach duties are coordinated with the President of South Coast Wheelchair Tennis Foundation.
General Purpose: Provide tennis instruction to people of all ages and various physical disabilities and to promote various programs, events and clinics
Assistance may be requested on weekends, weekdays or evenings to support other wheelchair tennis events. To be confirmed based on availability.
Coach should be available June thru October, Mondays 4:30 to 8:30pm at the Dianne B. Snyder Tennis Complex in Westport, Massachusetts. The time and day to be confirmed based on availability.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Conduct drills and games to make the instruction fun as well as advancing tennis knowledge, skill, and technique.
- Assist in the promotion and execution of tennis clinics, special events and programs in
an effort to attract and maintain participants’ tennis interests.
- Provide instruction to players ranging from beginners to advanced in both one-on-one and group settings.
- Planning, organizing and conducting effective practices in a supportive environment.
Skills and Experience:
- Overall positive attitude, high energy, and genuine passion for tennis
- Experience of coaching both adults and children of varying ability.
- Previous tennis coaching experience (with people with disabilities a plus)
- USPTA and/or PTR certification preferred.
- Excellent tennis skills
For more information please contact email@example.com